When you on-board a new member, you will be investing significant time in them.
So, you want to make sure that your potential new network building partner
Is prepared to invest time to build their network consistently.
Understands the difference between networking and network building.
And that they are not just briefly excited about what they experienced at the CC Intro meeting.
In the end, you are looking for people who:
Are excited about building their own team of team building advocates.
Are willing to lead by example.
The last thing you want to do is waste your time trying to talk people into joining your team.
In the end, you only need to find 5 people who are willing to build their teams, and you will experience exponential growth!
Keep reminding yourself: It only takes 5!
To help determine if your candidate is serious about building their network, ask them (your version) of the 5 Golden questions:
1. Do you feel you would be more successful (both as an individual and as a business) if you built a strong network?
2. Do you have an interest in building your network?
3. Would you be prepared to set aside some time each week to learn the skills of building a team of team building advocates on the one hand, and leveraging commercial value from your network on the other?
4. Would you be prepared to dedicate some time each week to put what you have learned into practice by, proactively reaching out to those you have not yet met via Social Media?
5. Are you prepared to invest some time each week interacting with, and advocating for, others?
Assuming your candidate answers these questions positively, and you feel it is a good fit, select a time for a weekly on-boarding session.
Let your new team member know that you will set up a recurring event for these sessions. However, you anticipate that these sessions will last for about 4-6 weeks. After which time, you can review what would be some good next steps.
Let them know that each on-boarding session will be an opportunity for you to:
Get to know them better.
Help them learn the system and on-board their first few team members.
Help them meet relevant others in the CC.
As Simon Sinek famously said: It starts with Why What are the benefits of building and leading a team of team-building advocates? When you...
What’s your higher purpose for building your team? What is going to make the most significant difference in the lives of others you are...
Good Onboarding is essential for exponential growth! The purpose of on-boarding others is not merely to educate them on “how to” build their networks....